Wednesday, June 10, 2009

This weekend Kirstin begins a new chapter in her life. We are leaving Friday morning to travel up to Pauls Valley OK to pick up her yearling. We plan to be in line very early Saturday morning. She is so excited and can hardly wait, as a matter of fact she tried to convince me to change her pick up date to Friday, but I have to work all day Thursday so that wasn't possible. She is sooo ready to begin this journey, picking out names(Tuff E Nuff for a gelding and Arabella for a filly), planning how she wants to start training, arranging to take the yearling to as many places as possible. She has learned so much since last year and she is eager to put that knowledge to use. I only wished I had a fraction of her talent, the way she interacts with her horses is amazing. I grew up riding horses, but training them is a different story, the unpredictablity scares me, but Kirstin seems to thrive off of it. I am quite happy being her cheerleader and historian and letting her shine. You can count on numerous pictures and updates not only on the new Mustang, but also with TAZ.

3 comments:

Patti said...

I hope that you don't find this wierd or anything but I wanted to chime in with an atta girl cheer too for you and Kirstin. Kind of let you know that there is another part of the world that is behind you as well wishing you all the luck in the world. I know that I'm a complete stranger and all....but I'm a huge Mustang fan. I've been to everyone of the EMM events from the beginning '07 and really can't get enough of them and the wonders that they are doing for the Mustangs... I adopted my Mustang in '06 and it was the best move that I ever ever did. He is wonderful....

Good Luck Kirstin with your new Mustang(s) and thanks Mom for keeping us so well updated with pics and postings.

A Kansas Fan here,
Patti

Kirstin's Mustang Project 2011 said...

Thanks Patti,
The Mustang needs all of the supporters that it can find. Kirstin is a huge advocate for them and we as her parents couldn't be more proud of what she is doing. I can truly say that this is 100% Kirstin-she knows more about training a horse than her dad & I put together & it comes naturally to her. Kirstin's relationship with her Mustangs is incredible, they never cease to amaze us.

Karen C. said...

Hello you guys! I am so proud of Kirstin for doing this again - she has a very special gift! And you guys are wonderful too because you are so supportive and see her gift. :-)
I am excited to follow this years journey...

Until later...Karen and Tripp