Thursday, August 14, 2008

Traveller



After doing a little of round pen work, Traveller follows me where ever I go.
If you were able to see Traveller the first 1 1/2 months that he was here, you wouldn't think this would be possible. He was so defensive, his front hooves were his weapons. He would become quite angry and impatient esp. when it was feeding time. He is a totally different horse now, he will even eat nicely out of your hand(mom's fault-she gives him alfalfa cubes as a treat) He really has come around nicely. I am really proud of him.

2 comments:

Karen C. said...

Hi Kirstin, Traveller looks like he has a very sweet face. Isn't it a great feeling looking back and how afraid he was just two months ago, and how loving and trusting he is now?
Great job!

Karen and Trip

Kirstin's Mustang Project 2011 said...

He has the sweetest face. But, if you had seen him before 7/12 you would have thought I was crazy for taking him on. He was a defensive horse and couldn't stand to have anyone touch him anywhere. Which I hated, because I could see the sweetness in his eyes.
Now he meets me at the gate. He once again doesn't have his halter on, but that is because I remove it-he is that gentle now. Like I said, this horse is really starting to tug on my heart strings.