Sunday, August 3, 2008

Aug 3, 2008

I took the two youngest yearlings(Halona & Traveller) to my drill team performance/playday this weekend. They did amazing. Nothing seemed to phase them. I had them penned directly behind the announcing stand, with the music/announcer blaring. When my drill team went by carrying flags, that didn't even bother them. I led them from the trailer to the pens and vehicles were passing by and even that didn't bother them. I was so relieved because I wasn't sure what I was getting myself in for since they hadn't been that far from home before or exposed to so much new stuff. They loaded right onto the trailer like they have been doing that forever-it was only their second time. The topper, I didn't start working with these two until 3 weeks ago because they had pulled their halters off and I couldn't figure out how to get them on. We finally got them on the weekend of 7/12. I am so proud of these two. And the topper, I walked away with First place in the Barrels.

1 comment:

Karen C. said...

Congratulations on winning barrels! Yay!
Glad the 'kids' did good while they were there. Hmmmmm, flags.....something I need to look for. I have a feeling Tripp won't like it but he needs to get used to it. :-)

Karen and Tripp