Monday, August 11, 2008

Last night I went to my youth playday awards ceremony. My first year participating in the series and came home with 4th overall. I have a wonderful horse that I ride; Trigger-my mom's palomino. He doesn't have any special training; he hasn't had any formal training of any type, but he loves to compete and be in front of people(show off)-see the pics of him & me at the bottom of the page. I took Mia with me. She hasn't been off of our place in a while. She loaded alright, was a little hesitant, but after she walked on. She did great at the arena, even got her to trot the length of the arena-yeah! Got ready to leave and she planted her feet and refused to load. Had to get some strong men to push her on the trailer. I guess I worked for close to an hour trying to get her to load before seeking help. But finally got her home and unloaded, did a little work with obstacles then put her up of the evening. I'm taking a break for a day, my Popo wanted to take me to the lake, so I decided to go with him. My parents are taking care of my babies for me.
Got Halona to trot. Their trots aren't immediate, I have to jog for a while and then they finally decide they should catch up. Traveller hasn't trotted yet, but he is speeding up so I figure a trot is on it's way.
I feel like I'm running out of time. There is still so much I would like to do or that I feel like I should be doing. Almost forgot, I put a saddle on Mia. She didn't mind it at all. She tried to bite at the stirrup, but she was OK with it being cinched up-not very tight. I walked her around the pen and then slid it off of her back-no problem. That 's about it for now. Will be uploading some new photos this week-some are really funny, so check back often.

No comments: